"“Why should you practice yoga? To kindle the divine fire within yourself. Everyone has a dormant spark of divinity within, which has to be fanned into flame.”-B.K.S Iyengar
Level 1¬†Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (50 HR.)
Taught by¬†Ann Saffi Biasetti, PhD, ERYT-500
This training is open to yoga instructors and students who have had a dedicated practice for at least two years. It is limited to 12 participants. In this 50-hour training, you will learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga. All aspects of the subject will be covered.
Participants will learn:
- The art of ‚Äúseeing‚ÄĚ a body and developing your eye and intuition
- The cycle of stress in the body and mind, including the physiology and neuroscience of stress and relaxation
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga
- Anatomy of the spine
- Basic postures along with therapeutic adjustments
- Beginning training in what embodiment is and therapeutic presence
- How to lead a full restorative group class and how to sequence restoratives into an active practice
- The beginning of working 1:1
- Proper setups and adjustments for different bodies
- Working with special populations (pregnancy, physical limitations)
A 50-hour certificate will be issued upon completion of the training. In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete a project for final certification. Students will also receive a certificate of completion indicating 50 Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga.
For mental health providers looking to train in Yoga Therapeutics Mindfulness-Based Embodiment (MBE), this training serves as the foundation training. You will leave with the knowledge of yoga therapeutic skills, postures and interventions suitable to be integrated into client sessions. Level 2 for mental health providers completes the full certification (see below for more info.)
Fall 2017 Dates
Two long¬†weekends: ¬†October 13-15, 2017¬†& October 27-29, 2017
Fridays: ¬†9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturdays: ¬†9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sundays: ¬†9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Early Bird (paid in full by September 11th) ‚ÄĒ $825
After September 11 ‚ÄĒ $895
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Full tuition must be paid by October 1, 2017.¬† Training is limited to 12 participants.
A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount).¬† Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date.¬† Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.
Level 2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (60 HR.)
Taught by¬†Ann Saffi Biasetti, PhD, ERYT-500
Level 2 Restorative Teacher Training is open for those who have completed the Level 1 training in restorative yoga. This training emphasizes mind/body therapeutics and working 1:1 with clients. A great emphasis is placed on embodiment and the development of presence in the teacher-client relationship.
For those who have completed the level one training.¬†It is designed to:
- Further develop your eye, voice, touch, and intention in working both individually and in a class setting
- Further develop your understanding of the Doshas/Koshas in restorative poses
- Develop dynamic use of props to address individual needs/special populations
- Learn to effectively work 1:1 with students developing individualized sequences based on need
- Learn therapeutic sequences to address mind/body connection, anxiety, depression, and stress reduction
- Explore working with mind/body integration
- Learn and understand proper boundaries of care
- Learn therapeutic poses and creative restorative poses
- Deepen presence with a client and effective communication
In addition to the group training, students will be required to complete a project an at home project which consists of working with a client 1:1 for six weeks. Upon completion, students will receive a certificate indicating 60 Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga Therapeutics.
Winter 2018 Dates
March 16-18, 2018
March 23-25, 2018
Friday: ¬†12:00pm - 6:00 pm
Saturday: ¬†9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: ¬†9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Early Bird (paid in full by February 12, 2018) ‚ÄĒ $850
After February 12, 2018 ‚ÄĒ $925
A nonrefundable $250 deposit is due at time of registration to secure your spot. Full tuition must be paid by February 28,2018.¬†Training is limited to 10 participants.¬†¬†
A nonrefundable $250 deposit is due at time of registration (included in full payment amount).¬† Full payment is due two weeks prior to the training start date.¬† Cancellations made after this time (within the two weeks prior to start date) or after the start date, will result in NO refunds.