300 Hour Teacher Training in India
Yoga Alliance Certified | Taught by Gopi Kinnicutt
January 10 — February 1, 2017 • $3,950
Something mystical happens when you take yourself out of your environment and dive into yoga in the land where yoga came from. This training is very unique; you will learn the intricate art of yoga sequencing, adaption for therapeutic needs, pranayama, yoga for depression and anxiety, Ayurveda, and yoga and marma point therapy. The whole training will be layered with rich Bhakti Yoga philosophy as well as daily mantra and sanskrit practice. In addition to keeping the ancient traditions and teachings of yoga alive, you’ll also learn how to make a 5,000 year old tradition accessible to the 21st century yogi.
This training will take place at the Govardhan Eco Village Retreat Center located north of Mumbai, India, at the foothills of the Sahyadri Mountains. It is a model farm community and retreat center highlighting the importance of spiritual ecology: the need for us to live in harmony with ourselves, nature, and the sacred. We will also partake in Mumbai’s Flower Festival on January 28, 2017. At this celebration, two tons of flower petals will be used to express devotion to beautiful forms of Divinity. We’ll be immersed in music, color, dancing, food, and an unforgettable Divine party as we say good-bye to Mumbai!
The Training will Cover:
- The art of advanced sequencing and how to adapt yoga postures.
- Sequencing for private sessions— how to work one-on-one and address an individual’s physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Yoga for depression and anxiety, and trauma-sensitive yoga.
- Advanced pranayama— how to use pranayama in emotional and mental healing, and how to sequence breath work appropriately in order to create different effects.
- The art of hands-on assists.
- Ayurveda— how to balance Doshas through lifestyle, diet, work, and yoga.
- Diet and the effects of food on consciousness; the process of cooking using Ayurvedic herbs and spices; and the compatible combination of foods to create mind-body balance.
- Meditation, mantra, japa and kirtan; the power of sound in asanas; using vibration as a way of healing and focusing.
- Marma, Nadi and Chakra therapy— in-depth study of the chakra system, its corresponding nadi lines (lines of energy) and marma points (sensitive energy points); which poses activate different chakras and energy lines; and how to stimulate energy points with hands-on assists.
- Bhakti Immersion— sacred stories from the Bhakti Yoga tradition that teach us how to live a life of Yoga; study of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Gods, Goddesses and Hindu mythology.
Please email Gopi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or if you would like an application form. A $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot. Payment plans can be arranged.