200-Hour Training Dates
Eight empowering weekends, beginning on Friday evenings with full days on Saturday and Sunday. September 2017 - February 2018:
- September 22-24
- October 6-8
- October 20-22
- November 3-5
- December 8-10
- January 5-7
- January 19-21
- February 9-11
$3,050 if paid in full by July 31.
$3,250 (with a $500 nonrefundable deposit due by July 31) if paid in the following installments:
- $500 by July 31st
- $1000 by September 22nd
- $1000 by October 20th
- $750 by December 8th
Application forms may be picked up at the studio or downloaded here. Class size is limited to 20 people.
Bhakti Marg 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
2019-2020 | Yoga Alliance Certified
Director: Keli Lalita
Faculty: Ann Biasetti, Heather Dacus, Nini Gridley, Professor Edwin Bryant, Balarama Chandra Das
Teacher training is more than learning to teach yoga postures; it is a journey of personal healing, empowerment, and an awakening of one’s inner love for all beings and the Divine. Immerse yourself in the traditions of Bhakti, the yoga of devotion, with the most acclaimed and knowledgeable instructors teaching the most comprehensive training available anywhere! We are so proud to offer this training with a complete staff of professionals having thousands of hours of combined teaching experience, maturity and expertise.
Our hope is that though this training you begin to understand that you already have so much to give. What you have done in your life is all beneficial and can inform and inspire your teaching. You have unique gifts to offer as a teacher and member of the greater yoga community. It is our desire that this training will awaken in you a life-long love of learning and practice, and empower you to go into the world and become part of the great lineage of Yoga teachings.
200 Training Hours Include:
- Understand the biomechanics of forward bends, back bends, twists, hips openers, inversions, and arm balances. Learn the functions and benefits of the asana families, as well as how to place them within the template of your classes.
- Embody and then teach classical asana alignments. Deeply connect to the physical, spiritual and emotional function and benefit of each pose, and learn how to best share those realizations with your students.
- Receive the tools to create a safe, open and conscious environment in which your students feel completely supported and cared for on their yoga journey.
- Explore the potency of connection to the breath in both movement and stillness.
- Learn a variety of sun salutations and the art of dynamic vinyasa flow, as well as how to create and teach a simple, solid class for beginners. Learn ways to offer challenging classes to advanced practitioners.
- Unlock the power of Bandhas (energy locks) and Kriyas (cleansing movement with breath).
- Study the functional anatomy of the miraculous body and how to support the individual needs of your students based on their uniqueness.
- Become confident in hands-on assists and enhancements, so that your students' bodies and minds unfold in a safe, protected, sacred environment.
- Become adept in the art of Vinyasa Flow yoga and how to sequence poses according to the classical system of "Vinyasa Krama", or intelligent pose progression, to first awaken and later strengthen and release the body under the guidance of Heather Dacus, an advanced level yoga teacher and DO (Doctor of Osteopathy).
- Learn the Chakra System from Nini Gridley, our areas premiere teacher of this subtle body system, as well as an introduction to Yoga Nidra.
- Develop empathy and compassion for your students and learn how to address their needs both physically and emotionally as Ann Biasetti,Ph.D leads you through a weekend introduction into the embodied foundations of mindfulness practices including meditation techniques, an introduction to Yoga Therapeutics and Restorative Yoga.
- Meditation, pranayama, mantra and kirtan will be part of every weekend. In this way you will develop your own spiritual strength and create a repertoire to share with your students.
- Yoga Mandali offers the unique chance to study Bhagavad Gita with one of the foremost scholars in the field of Yoga Philosophy, Edwin Bryant, Ph.D. Edwin Bryant received his Ph.D in Indic Languages and cultures from Columbia University. He taught Hinduism at Harvard University for 3 years and is presently the professor of Hinduism at Rutgers University. He has been a practitioner of yoga for over 35 years.
- Intensive full weekend study of the ancient healing science of Ayurveda with Balarama Chandra of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda. Bala is well known for his accessibility and comprehensive teaching, as well as his big heart and gentle persona. You will leave with a love of the ancient science of Ayurveda and an understanding of how it will enhance and inform your teaching.
This self-investment includes:
- 200 hours of training with several experienced instructors, directed by Keli Lalita (E-RYT-500); with assistance from Ann Biasetti, PhD (Licensed Yoga Therapist & E-RYT-500); Heather Dacus, DO, MPH (E-RYT-500), Nini Gridley, MEd (E-RYT-500), Edwin Bryant, PhD (Harvard/Rutgers Professor), Balarama Chandra Das (Certified Ayurvedic Consultant)
- Yoga Alliance certification
- In-depth manual, including class sequences and mantras and philosophy
- Discounted classes during period of study
- Healthy snacks
- Canvas tote, Yoga Mandali hoodie, and Mala beads
For more information on the 200 Hour Bhakti Marg, please contact the studio at 518-584-0807, or by emailing email@example.com.